I see a lot of churches along my bike rides. I thought I'd take some pictures and attach a Psalm to each church. I will enjoy reading through the Psalms this way. At each stop I'll say a prayer and include the congregation that worships there. So, when I'm done there will be 150 posts, Psalms, and rides. Photos taken with various Galaxy Android Smart Phones

Keith Stillwell

Thursday, November 1, 2012


(more photos below)

(First Apostolic Church, Danville, KY on a 16 mile ride around Danville, November 1, 2012)

The promises of the Lord are promises that are pure, silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times.
Psalm 12:6

Psalm 12 (NRSV)

Help, O Lord, for there is no longer anyone who is godly; the faithful have disappeared from humankind.

They utter lies to each other; with flattering lips and a double heart they speak.

May the Lord cut off all flattering lips, the tongue that makes great boasts,

those who say, “With our tongues we will prevail; our lips are our own—who is our master?”

“Because the poor are despoiled, because the needy groan, I will now rise up,” says the Lord; “I will place them in the safety for which they long.”

The promises of the Lord are promises that are pure, silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times.

You, O Lord, will protect us; you will guard us from this generation forever.

On every side the wicked prowl, as vileness is exalted among humankind.

(click on a photo for a larger image)





No comments:

Post a Comment