I see a lot of churches along my bike rides. I thought I'd take some pictures and attach a Psalm to each church. I will enjoy reading through the Psalms this way. At each stop I'll say a prayer and include the congregation that worships there. So, when I'm done there will be 150 posts, Psalms, and rides. Photos taken with various Galaxy Android Smart Phones

Keith Stillwell

Saturday, December 16, 2017

(Saint Athanasius Orthodox Church, Nicholasville, KY on a 56 mile 56th birthday month rideDecember 16, 2017, with Father Justin Patterson)

We give thanks to you, O God; we give thanks; your name is near. People tell of your wondrous deeds.
Psalm 75:1

(click on a photo for a larger image)













Psalm 75 (NRSV)

We give thanks to you, O God; we give thanks; your name is near. People tell of your wondrous deeds.

At the set time that I appoint I will judge with equity.

When the earth totters, with all its inhabitants, it is I who keep its pillars steady. Selah

I say to the boastful, “Do not boast,” and to the wicked, “Do not lift up your horn;

do not lift up your horn on high, or speak with insolent neck.”

For not from the east or from the west and not from the wilderness comes lifting up;

but it is God who executes judgment, putting down one and lifting up another.

For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup with foaming wine, well mixed; he will pour a draught from it, and all the wicked of the earth shall drain it down to the dregs.

But I will rejoice forever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.

All the horns of the wicked I will cut off, but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.

No comments:

Post a Comment