I see a lot of churches along my bike rides. I thought I'd take some pictures and attach a Psalm to each church. I will enjoy reading through the Psalms this way. At each stop I'll say a prayer and include the congregation that worships there. So, when I'm done there will be 150 posts, Psalms, and rides. Photos taken with various Galaxy Android Smart Phones

Keith Stillwell

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

(Lexington Avenue Baptist Church, Danville Ky, on a 10 mile farewell ride with Bruce Pierce and Beth Morgan.)

Glorious things are spoken of you, O city of God.

Psalm 87:3

(click on a photo for a larger image)
































Psalm 87 (NRSV)

On the holy mount stands the city he founded;

the Lord loves the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.

Glorious things are spoken of you, O city of God. Selah

Among those who know me I mention Rahab and Babylon; Philistia too, and Tyre, with Ethiopia—“This one was born there,” they say.

And of Zion it shall be said, “This one and that one were born in it”; for the Most High himself will establish it.

The Lord records, as he registers the peoples, “This one was born there.” Selah

Singers and dancers alike say, “All my springs are in you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment